Avocado & fennel toast
15 undefined minutes
5 undefined minutes
- Thinly slice the fennel and add to a bowl, squeeze the juice of ½ a lime over the fennel and season with a pinch of salt, allow it to stand for 10 to 15 minutes, the fennel will wilt and become tender.
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado in half carefully, remove the stone and scoop the flesh into a separate bowl, season with a pinch of salt and squeeze the remaining lime over the avocado.
- Add the EVOO, and lightly mash the avocado with a fork.
- Finely chop the coriander including any tender stems and add to the avocado.
- Once the fennel has wilted add it to the avocado mixture making sure not to add the lime juice that is sat in the bottom of the bowl. Taste the mixture for seasoning and acidity and adjust to your taste.
- Pile high on buttered sourdough toast and serve with your favourite style of eggs.